Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Beginning

To Introduce myself - I am Colorado Bound! (Almost)

Plans are in motion, and while they are about 4-5 months delayed -I am on the final countdown. I have selected a departure date... again... (Oct 23rd, 2007) that is too late in my mind, but medical wise it is too early. So we'll call it a compromise and hope it works out eh?

I have returned all foster kittens. I have quit my job (a 2nd time). This weekend I plan to repack/organize my boxes in the backyard and load them into my four wheel drive vehicle (which was recently inspected). I am in communication with Pet Transporter setting up a flight date of November 9th for my 3 cats. I am officially resting myself for the next week in preparation for this journey.

The 'in the air' issues right now is that I still await to hear from the clinic in Denver where I am trying to set up an appointment. Of course, knowing me, I lost the number and now must ask my doctor if he saved the number. I have an appointment with a 2nd opinion guy at Stanford on the 17th and then I plan to see my doctor one last time on the 23rd as I head out. All signs currently point to RELAPSE approaching, but I have hope that this can be turned around. I must beat the Colorado snow!

The Plan: I will begin driving on Oct 23rd. Destination: Georgetown, Colorado. Once there, I plan to rest. Then I will decide where I want to settle. Do I stay in Georgetown? Do I circle around some of the outside towns? Do I continue on toward Kansas? Whatever my decision, I will need to be in Denver around Nov 9 to pick up my cats from the airport and for that appointment that I will have awaiting me.

This blog is to keep everyone updated. Relatives, coworkers, friends (whom I never even keep in touch with - except Whitney), etc. My goodbyes - which at one point seemed huge in my life - no longer seem to matter seeing as a) I'm in a huge rush to beat the snow, and b) no one's really bothered to keep in touch with me either. So to my coworkers, I'll see you when I say goodbye to my babies. You all, I will truly miss. To old church friends - I most likely won't see you again. I do have a long overdue baby present which I will most likely mail or have Krys bring to church. To my relatives in Texas/Arkansas - I will soon be closer. California people, I will most likely see you when I visit in Dec '08 for the holidays. Medical persons - I most likely won't get the guts to give you all this link - but I will miss the regular visits. Now I have to go to a new lab, doctor's office, hospital, pharmacy ...where I will be completely unknown. What an odd feeling.

I will most likely not blog much before I leave, but while on the road I will blog from motels. Locations to be announced after I have departed for safety reasons. Assuming I find the charger for my camera- I may even take the time to post a few pictures (what a first).

I am off to begin my new life. New friends. New church. New job. New place. New medical route. My New Life.

1 comment:

Holligirl said...

Well my friend!

It appears as though the time is fast approaching, and it will be the 23rd before you know it! I am sad to see one of the only "true" friends that I have in this world leave, but am so thrilled that you are off to start a new life for yourself which is something you have been trying to do for so long! ;-)

You know that I care about you a lot, especially since you know that I NEVER blog and I have refused thus far to get a "My Space" account, however, to stay in touch and vicariously live through you as you venture through various places to reach your destination blogging is definately worth it.

I know that we will continue to keep in touch as we always have, and I can't wait until I come and visit you in your new home and we can enjoy some time together.

I am praying that all doctors reports and appts go well. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about you leaving with your medical needs, but now I am just as exicted for you to leave for Colorado as you are!

I love you and look forward to sharing in your adventures with you. Dont forget your lonely old friend out here in California!

Keep in touch!