Saturday, October 27, 2007

The first night

Here I am, on the road. I got a really late start due to a back up on my refills (medications). Didn't leave the house until 2:30pm. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and as a result, my migraines returned. So it was a miserable time on the road (although now I've got my vicodin). So I didn't push the driving and I am now in Truckee, CA for my first night. Of course this won't be posted until tomorrow, so you'll be reading this a day late.



Little bit of traffic, but otherwise and uneventful drive. The toll guy looked in my car and commented on how packed it was. I just smiled and said 'yep!' The hotel lady looked at my drivers license and went 'whoa! when did you get rid of all the hair?' which kinda made me laugh because I am so use to the short hair now that I forget it use to be long.



I don't plan push myself with the driving. I will most likely roll into Georgetown Tuesday/Wednesday. I brought some food with me so the only meals I plan to eat out is lunch... and that's mainly for use of a restroom. No snow in sight although this is obviously a ski area that I'm in. Signs everywhere announcing spots to pull over and put on chains. I ordered chains before I left, but they didn't make it in time. Probably Monday they'll show up at the house. That's okay. They were just back up as I have 4 wheel drive already.



Okay, time to catch up on sleep so that I can actually get some good driving in tomorrow!

No comments: