Friday, October 26, 2007

Colorado a go!

I was sooo nervous today walking into my doctor appointment. The nurse laughed and said 'your blood pressure is a lot higher than usual - are you excited?' Truth be told, it's been high all week. My doctor, much to my surprise, was prepared for this to be my last visit with him. He was great and gave me advice about being cautious and said I could call him any time. Seeing as he is the emergency contact on my bracelet - it could happen. He asked me if I have a shovel or an overcoat. I told him I plan to shop along the way. Have I mapped out my route? Well, I bought a GPS that I'm learning to use and I have an atlas that I can't read...

I couldn't stop smiling after I left the office. I am FINALLY beginning my journey! My clothes are washed and just need to be packed tonight. Medication is all called in to the pharmacy, so I'll drop by and pick it up tomorrow. The next time you see a post, it'll be from a motel room... hopefully not in California.

No comments: