Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Insurance - my life saver & the pain in my side

Last week I contacted Denver to get an update on the status of my review. I was told that reviews take place by doctors on Tues & Wed of every week. They were missing some paperwork on me and they were trying to contact my doctor. If the missing paperwork was submitted, my case would be reviewed in a week. I called my doctor on Monday to make sure they had gotten a hold of him. He didn't know anything about missing paperwork, but said he would call and ask. Today is Wednesday. I plan to call Denver tomorrow to see if my case was reviewed. I see my doctor Friday morning and then I plan to leave Saturday.

Not a good hint: The nurse from my doctor's office called today and said that I need to bring my health insurance card with me Friday so that she can send a clear copy to Denver as they were unable to read the other one. Is this the missing paperwork? Does this mean that they're still waiting and won't review my case until NEXT week?

Insurance pays a lot... seriously. Without it, I would've had to give up treatment within the first year. But now my patience is definitely being tried. If I can get away with it, I'll leave and set up the appointment while on the road. After all, isn't that what cell phones are for?

No comments: