Thursday, January 24, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!

It's another birthday shout out! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!! Hopefully he's out celebrating with his wife & daughter. Although don't go to the TGIF by Hillsdale - I hear the night manager was found murdered.

My treadmill is up and running and I love it! I have been through sooo many workout dvds & other crap and I always get bored, extremely bored. The one thing I truly enjoyed was that one summer when I walked everywhere 'church, store, work, bank, etc.' I would put on my headphones with my music and walk and think. Well, I've got the complete set up upstairs. My old laptop is up there full of music, I have the guest cot right next to the treadmill for a quick escape/relaxing reward, the tv is downstairs within view. I did 15 minutes tonight and it was fun!

The two guys that came to set it up were extremely nice. Miss Kitty was her usual flirty self. I've noticed that she really goes for the male species. The two boys hid in my bed the whole time. Bummer because Winslow (with his adorable face and weird paws) is definitely a fun cat to show off. The guys were cat people though and they chatted with Miss Kitty and even let her rub against their faces as they crawled around on their hands & knees. Anyway, I am extremely happy with how things went. Adam & Aaron (their parents went with an A theme- I thought that was fun as my parents went with an M them. Shelly & I were the M&M sisters - Marika Mary, Michelle Marie) kept up lively conversation, were well dressed, tested everything out for me and even stuck around to explain some maintainance issues (I swear I think I give off the clueless 'help me' vibe), and they also took out the trash when they left. Oh, and to address Krystal's main important concern - yes, I think they were good looking.

I am now set to start a regular walking routine which I desparately hope will help my cough (it's gotten really bad the past few days). As the days grow warmer I can even open up my back doors and let some fresh air in and while it may get hot up there in the loft I have a) air conditioning or b) a ceiling fan right smack there for when the downstairs doors are open.

Bought some chamomille tea today. Hoping that will help relax me to sleep at night. Last night I was so jittery I got up around 2am and drank some hot milk because I remembered my mom giving that to me as a kid. Hot milk with a capful of vanilla extract on nights that I couldn't sleep. I didn't have vanilla (which I also bought today), but the hot milk worked like a charm. I could literally feel my body relaxing as it went down and I fell asleep as soon as I crawled back in bed.

No comments: