Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today is a Special Day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WHITNEY!!! Today is Whitney's birthday and I feel horrible that her card/gift will be late :(

I downloaded some 'Sounds of Nature' songs on Bearshare to help me sleep at night. I'm trying my best not to take Ambien unless it's absolutely necessary. Anyway, I absolutely love it. I have an air purifier/deoderizer that I turn on every night and I put in a lavendar scent. The I turn on my sounds of nature and put on some eye shades and viola! even in late morning my mind gets confused and thinks it's still night. Of course the vicoden I've taken the last two nights for my knee probably helps. Hopefully that won't last long.

Every winter I deal with achey joints. It travels through my body so it's never the same. This year it's been between my right wrist and my left knee. Some times it's both at the same time, but otherwise it switches. A few weeks ago it was my wrist that was driving me crazy. I finally went out and bought a brace only to have it switch to my knee. The pain/stiffness starts off small and gradually gets bigger until I can't stand it. Then it switches over to the next joint.

I ordered a treadmill as a part of that new year resolution to 'get in shape.' I ordered it first through Walmart as it was a cheaper model. Then I got a call to schedule the delivery and found out that they only do curbside - so they wouldn't bring it up to my third floor apartment (can't blame them). I had to refuse it and it's now being sent back. I ordered another one from amazon - they'll bring it up.. They brought mybig tv up. I would love to put it upstairs in the loft when it comes, but I guess that all depends on me. I'm hoping that if I bring the parts up before attempting to assemble it, it'll be light enough for me to do on my own. Otherwise maybe I'll put it in the bedroom. Assembling it will require brilliance on my part. I couldn't even manage a simple nightstand, so expect a lengthy humorous write-up to be posted when I do finally attempt to put this thing together. I'm running out of family members to come out and help me.

Here are a couple of more pictures of my place.



This is a picture of my entry way.



Here is the living room. The blue couch is the one that arrived in boxes via UPS and Shelly & Patrick assembled it for me.

No comments: