Wednesday, January 23, 2008

sleepless in thornton

last night was horrible. It started with all 3 cats trying to sleep on top of me. This suffocated me and eventually I had to get up. Now having these cats is like having a baby. You get so excited to have them all asleep that you dread getting up for that bathroom run that you know is going to wake one of them up. Yep. First it was Winslow. He's typically the lightest sleeper and as soon as I began to move out of bed, he was up and wanting to play. He did finally settle down, but as he did - Waldo & Miss Kitty got up for a romp. Then Miss Kitty and Winslow switched places and Miss Kitty joined me on the bed while Winslow joined Waldo in a game of tag. By 5am they had had way too many warning and I was drugged beyond belief. I went upstairs into the storage areas where their carriers are stored. Winslow was smart and took off running. Waldo and Miss Kitty I stuffed in their carriers before grumpily marching down the stairs yelling threats at Winslow. I got online and logged into my kitty blog to write a post as I waited for the latest dose in sleep medication to take effect. Apparently it did take effect because while I remember starting the post, I don't remember ending it. By this time I had taken 2 ambien tablets, 3 swigs of nyquil, 4 sleep aid tablets, 2 tylonal pms & a vocodin. I won't even bother write what the normal doses are supposed to be for those. I logged in and read my post this morning. I had ended it with something about Heath Ledger having the right idea and then demanding that someone go make me some eggs so that I could stab them and push them around my plate. What the heck? If someone's going to make me eggs, I'm going to eat them! Anyway, I slept in till 2pm today and I'm desparately hoping to avoid a repeat tonight.

In other news, it's been getting down to like 0 degrees lately. The cans of diet soda in my car exploded. I have two people coming tomorrow to haul my new treadmill upstairs and assemble it for me. I posted a 'gig' offer on craigslist for the job and got so many responses! I chose two nice sounding brothers who are teachers (it sounds like) to come tomorrow afternoon. I did e-mail Krys their contact info just to be on the safe side.

Well, the cats have been sleeping for while. Hopefully this doesn't mean they're saving up for tonight. Miss Kitty did keep me company as I cleaned the kitchen - popping in and out of cupboards as I went.

Oh, I got a very cheesey Dominos Pizza yesterday. It was yummy.

No comments: