Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thank yous

Thanks to those who left me messages yesterday for my birthday. It just so happened that yesterday was a migraine day and I spent the entire day in bed. Shelly & Patrick were scheduled to fly out and I listened as Shelly called several places for last minute transportation and found nothing. They finally just took my car and I called a cab today and picked it up from the parking lot where they left it. I felt like the worst person ever. They did sooo much work making this place into a home for me and then I couldn't even take them to the aiport. My cough has gotten worse since the episode yesterday - more like a cold now. The driver must've sprayed the place down with lysol after I hopped out. I also missed a call from my doctor - so I have to wait until Monday to find out what the results are on the ultra sound that was done on my leg. Bummer - because it changed color last night and it's really not a pretty sight... Very sensitive too.

I stopped by Safeway on the way home today and bought myself a piece of chocolate cake. It looks so yummy! I am determined to eat out next year and have someone sing to me.

I did drag myself out of bed once yesterday for the UPS guy who showed up with a big grin and stated 'Keep ordering! I have kids to provide for!' My mom had sent me a live Christmas tree - fully decorated. How did she know? I had wanted to pick up a fake one at Target the other day, but forgot to go back and get it. Now I look at this live one in a panic and I know it'll be dead soon. I have the blackest thumb ever when it comes to plants. It's like giving the plant the stamp of death.

I know I keep saying this, but honest - I'll post pictures soon. Within the next few weeks anyway :)

No comments: