Thursday, February 7, 2008

Another Birthday!

Happy Birthday to James! My list says that today James should be out celebrating with family & friends :)

I bought a tent. I know that sounds crazy (especially since it's snowy outside), but I'm putting it upstairs in the loft. It's going to be my new hideout assuming that the cats don't destroy it. In the summer I can stick it out on the balcony, get a grill, set up the hammock, heck I'll be set.

I was watching Miss Kitty drink from the toilet yesterday. She's so small that it's quite a procedure. She doesn't stick her front paws inside like the two boys do, so I don't have to worry about water on the rim when she leaves. It's quite a balancing act that she pulls off though.

I went to get my port flushed the other day. It took 3 nurses. The first nurse stuck the needle in 3 times before calling for nurse #2. The second nurse tried once, wiggled it around, and called for nurse #3. The last nurse stuck the needle in, wiggled it around a ton, half pulled it out and pushed it back in several times, and finally managed to connect. The port is apparently smaller than they're use to and it moved around a lot (not a surprise, my veins roll - that's why I have the port in the first place) so they were all missing it in their stabs. Also, they're not use to it being in the arm as apparently it's usually in the chest. So to conclude, my arm is now very sensitive. They're going to dread seeing me next month.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I want a hammock....