Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Results

I made it to the doctor and to Curves today, but not to insurance. So tomorrow I must get myself over there.

The doctor took a biopsy of the abcess on my leg. She doesn't think it's a normal abcess due to the various patches of rash, the different lumps, and the extremely high white blood count. She mentioned some name of some kind of thingy, but there's no way I'm going to remember or pronounce it. So I didn't bother try. Apparently though, it's treatable, but if left alone turns into luekymia or whatever. Hence she wanted to see me for a biopsy. My philosophy - do what they say, see the new doctors, don't add it to the worry list unless it becomes serious because if I freak out over every little thing that goes wrong with me - I'll be my mom and you may as well shoot me now.

I have 2 out of 4 prescriptions. Still waiting on insurance for the other two. Insurance ends tomorrow so I hope it goes through. I talked to the conversion insurance person today about doing a month at a time for this plan that'll cost me more than my monthly rent. There will be a gap in coverages, but I'm hoping it's not a big gap because I have 3 referrals out to doctors that I need to see and prescriptions that I'll need.

For other news. I stopped by Petsmart today and made a reservation for my 3 babes to stay with them when I'm in California. Anyone care to know the total damage? $280 + $280 + $210 = $770 as the bill. I got two cages - one for Waldo/Miss Kitty and the other for Winslow (since he can be a bit much for the other two).

It's extremely warm weather today. I have the back door open for the cats, but Miss Kitty was really the only one interested in exploring the balcony. The boys just sit in the doorway. Probably because there's a dog walking around on the balcony below us. It's supposed to snow Thursday night - big storm - so they had better take advantage of this weather.

I totally enjoyed Curves today. I couldn't do one machine because of the biopsy, but I got a good workout on the rest.

Time to put the sticky paws on the couch and see if I can prevent some damage. Darn cats.

No comments: