Saturday, February 23, 2008

Church

I went to church this evening. The one that the Curves manager told me about. It's a really big church (6 services - 2 via satelite). Anyway, worship was okay, but I didn't care for the guest speaker. They're finishing missionary month apparently and they have a guest speak. He had a really bad accent and tended to say a statement 4-5 times before moving on, so it got boring really fast and I had a hard time concentrating. That and the two girls in front of me were very distracting. Now I can understand a little kid needing to squirm and draw during a sermon, but the older of these two sisters looked to be in junior high. These girls wrote notes the whole time and squirmed like they had big ants in their clothing. They also had drinks with them. Strawberry shakes to be exact. I know because the older one put hers under her chair and then kicked it. It spilled all over the carpet (in the middle of the AWANA circle!). I wrote on a piece of paper 'drink spilled under chair' and handed it to the smaller girl. She, in turn, leaned over and whispered to the bigger girl. One of them bent over, but apparently not finding the spilled drink - they went on with their giggles. At the end of service the bigger girl found her spilled drink and picked it up. The little girl asked her about it and big girl began to bob and giggle (this is during the closing song) as if she was the coolest thing in the world because her drink had spilled. You can bet they didn't clean it up. I left during the closing song. I think I'd like a smaller church.

No comments: