Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Preparing

I'm in a bit of trouble. I saw the doctor today - my primary. She's referring me to a new renal clinic since I haven't been able to get in to see the current one. Anyway, it was a major migraine day so I was in a lot of pain. It didn't help that I was fasting for some bloodwork. The combination meant that I couldn't stand for more than a few seconds. They gave me a shot in the butt or the migraine. Worked like a charm for the head pain although I later hobbled very sorely through Walgreens.

It's about 10pm now. A Dr. Walsh from the clinic called me a few minutes ago. She said the lab had just paged her about my results. Crap, I've been through this before. Something about my white blood count being over 18,000 & other stuff. None of my labs are normal. She said she didn't think I needed to head to emergency (where exactly is that?) since nothing's really changed in the past 24 hours but she'd like to see me tomorrow. My guess is that any other lucky patient would be heading down there about now, but I have a history of abnormality. She wants to take a biopsy of the abcess since it hasn't healed and it's been two months. Plus I have the beginnings of other abcesses. I'm thinking the bad blood results have more to do with the fact that I get faint every time I have a coughing fit.

Here's where it gets sticky. My Blue Shield of California insurance ends on Thursday (Happy Valentines!). Cover Colorado won't take me until I've lived here for 6 months. I have plans to go to the office tomorrow and do paperwork, but now that - and Curves- kinda depends on what happens with the doctor. I need to call Blue Anthem of Colorado tomorrow about a 'conversion plan' to cover me until Cover Colorado begins. This conversion plan will cost me more than my rent each month.

At least the cats are set up. They can easily be left alone for a week. It may not be ideal, but should something happen - I don't think I'll be able to get them to Petsmart. They have two automatic litter boxes and a regular upstairs, a huge bag of food sitting open in the kitchen, and a toilet for their drinking use. Waldo has been sneezing a lot the past two days, so I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a cold - especially if I'm not here.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Will definitely be praying for you today!!