Saturday, February 2, 2008

The creeps of living alone

I didn't fall asleep until after 5:30am. My sleep schedule has been so screwed up lately. I sleep until afternoon and then stay up into the early hours of the morning. I had just crawled in bed last night when I heard this crinkling noise coming from the other room. All 3 cats were with me, so that made me a little nervous. Winslow was my surprise investigator. Didn't expect that since he's usually the biggest wuss ever. Brilliantly I grabbed a shoe from the closet on my way out to investigate figuring I could throw it at any intruder. Here is where I should probably mention that I have very bad aim. Only after I reached the kitchen did I think that perhaps I should've grabbed the phone also. The best I could figure out was that the noise was a cereal bag in the pantry. How cool would it be if there was a mouse huh? Of course with 3 cats, that scene is highly unlikely. The cereal wouldn't stop moving and I never did figure out what was causing that, but I ended up dumping the bag into the trash trying to solve the mystery. I went back to bed and left the shoe on the counter.

After returning to bed, it wasn't long before I swear I heard knocking on the door. A look through the peep hole showed nothing but shadows and the fact that my porch light still needs to be changed. This is the 3rd time that I've thought I've heard someone knocking at an odd hour of the morning. It spooks the cats every time, but I'm not about to open any doors to see if there is someone actually hiding around the corner.

Lastly, I have given in to peer pressure and joined Facebook. Now I am extremely addicted and I spend hours exploring the different option. Like I really needed an excuse to be on the computer more.

No comments: