Monday, November 26, 2007

An awesome neighbor

Wow. Today I went to get plates for my car. I put in my purse: current registration, current insurance, and the title to my car. On my way out, I grabbed one of many boxes that I needed to put into the dumster. The title to my car was sticking out of my purse a little, so I made sure to stuff it in good (or so I thought) and continued on my merry way. Arriving at the DMV, I discovered that my title was missing. Great. Parking lot at my place is the only thing I could think of. I went in anyway hoping that I wouldn't need it and that I would be out again in time to find my title. Fortunately for me, I didn't need it. I now have official green & white license plates for my car. No more feeling like an outsider! You know how it is when you're driving behind an out of state vehicle - they can be driving a perfect 10 and still you'd think 'that moron should get off the road!' Whether or not I'll be able to get the plates on the car myself is an entirely different matter. I may have to wait for Shelly & Patrick.

Upon arriving back at my place, I noticed right off that I didn't see the title floating around the parking lot. I hopped out of the car and began to glance under neighbor cars. Almost right away, I heard a man's voice 'Excuse me!' I knew then, that I'd been found out. He said he had discovered it an hour earlier when he arrived home from work and that I was one lucky person because someone easily could've forged my signature on the back, taken the car, and I'd be 'out of shit. Especially with all the Mexicans around.' That last phrase kinda surprised me seeing as well, he is one. He had obviously been awaiting my return - watching out the window probably - and was very proud of his good deed of the day. I, in return, am extremely grateful.

So to review: I've gotten my first speeding ticket, locked myself out of the car, left my bank card at the bank, and lost the title to my car. Anyone care to take a guess as to my next adventure?

P.S. UPS also dropped by while I was away. With 3 boxes of things ordered from Target, but I need to sign for them. I'm hoping (for the sake of the UPS driver) that they didn't bring the boxes up and THEN discover that I was away.

No comments: