Sunday, November 11, 2007

Still Camping

Well, the bank has put my latest batch of charges on hold. Guess they're suspicious with all this sudden activity in my account. So I am still sitting/sleeping on the floor with no furniture. Tomorrow I do plan to get some starter logs though to test out this fireplace!

The realtor came by today with the rest of my keys. I practically drooled as he handed me the pool key - even though it's winter. I only had a few minutes notice before he came by. He called my phone and said he 'happened to be in the area, can he drop by in 5 minutes?' A mad rush followed the conversation as I ran to move my campsite into the bedroom and out of sight. I barely tossed in the last of things when he knocked on the door. That was SO not 5 minutes! I opened the door to find him standing there with a half eaten lollipop in hand. I hid the smirk, but it was just so cute watching a grown man in his somewhat nicer work clothes holding a lollipop. He then asked if he could check the furnace for something. Here is where I once again show my brilliance as I stood there and went 'sure!' and then tried to figure out if the furnace was upstairs or on the balcony. He read my thoughts and with a laugh stated that it's on the balcony. 'Oh, so it must be the water heater that's upstairs' is my next thought. The realtor checked the filter in the furnace and then, being now use to my newby-ness, explained that I need to replace it once a month. I can just take it to home depot and let them cut me a new one. Good thing he told me!

After he left I headed to the Doller Tree where I picked up a grand total of around 30 items. Okay like 5 were food/drink items, but the rest were a nice cheap replacement for items that would've cost me more at Target. I even got my shower curtain, which while is obviously cheap - I'm thrilled to no longer need to mop up the bathroom floor after each shower.

My front porch light mysteriously works now. It hasn't worked the last two nights (at least not to my knowledge). There is a round switch by the front door that so far has done nothing. Tonight I went out to the car to get a load of stuff and discovered my porch brightly lit. The switch still doesn't do a thing, so for now I'm going to assume that the light is on some kind of timer. I guess I'll see in the morning if it goes off. Like half my neighbors have their lights off which leaves me to wonder who controls all this? I have a light over the balcony - with a functional switch...

No comments: