Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Last night I got up to do some investigation. Loud noises coming from the living room turned out to be Miss Kitty in a box playing with the packaging. An activity she wasn't very willing to give up. On my way back to the bedroom, I glanced out the back door and noticed that the balcony looked 'funny.' A closer look proved that it was covered in snow - which was continuing to fall. My first thought was 'grab Winslow! See what kind of paw prints he'll make with those big feet of his!' (For those who don't know, Winsey is a polydactel cat - he has thumbs). Reason soon took over. My next realization was 'Aww crap, I don't want to drive in this!' Today I have to run to the pharmacy to get my extensive list of medications, and also to Safeway to get some last minute ingredients for my Turkey Day meal. I had also planned on taking the car in for an emissions test since it needs to be done in order to register the vehicle (and I only have so many days left), but now I'm thinking it'll have to wait until after this holiday.

Meanwhile, at 20 degrees, it looks as though the snow has been cleared on the roads and it is just lightly coming down. So I should probably hurry before I really get trapped here. Things sure are bright in this white land of snow. I'm buying night shades...

No comments: