Friday, November 23, 2007

The Cold Continues

It is 20 degrees right now and dropping. It hasn't snowed again since that one night, but there is still quite a bit of snow on the ground still. It was a good 3 inches of snow at least. I, of course, and showing my true California colors. No gloves and cheapy tennis shoes means I freeze every time I go out. The first time I drove, I had the great idea to start the car and let it run while I dumped the trash. So I opened the drivers door, leaned in, started the car, looked at the windshield, and decided to run the wipers. That's fine and all... if you close the door first. The wipers promptly deposited all the snow into the drivers seat where I then had to scoop it out with my hands. I now have gloves & boots arriving by mail some time soon. I saw a few snowflakes falling earlier, so there is the possibility of more snow this weekend.

Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all who read this. I, for one, enjoyed being alone for the holidays - despite the fact that my phone rang off the hook with calls from well-wishers/people checking up on me.

I have had moving announcements addressed for some time now. Was waiting on stamps, which I finally got today. So expect an announcement soon. I should've just written a Merry Christmas greeting in there too, but oh well.

No comments: