Friday, November 9, 2007

Moving In

I have signed the lease! Now I sit in my new place... a little lonely. Can't wait for the cats to join me. Someone here has wireless because I'm able to get online. My computer says it's a bad connection, but it seems to be moving just fine for me. I called and had gas & electric switched to my name. The guy tried to get me to sign up for cable tv, phone & internet services. I told him I'm already getting internet and have a phone... he seemed shocked that I didn't want the tv. What? No tv?? Now I don't know what Colorado tv is like, but as long as I get some basic channels and can watch my Greys Anatomy & Samantha Who? Then I'm fine. I've never had the luxury of the other channels in the past. So once I purchase a tv I'll have to test it out. According to the listing, it says "Cable Available" So maybe if I figure out how to hook it up, I'll already get it. I see a cord coming out of the wall by the fireplace... so maybe that's it.

I asked the realtor if I need to get snow tires. He laughed. Nope, not unless I plan to ski. Now it's my turn to laugh. I get another copy of the apartment key, the mail key, and the pool key some time this week. There's also a guy coming to replace a couple of windows that the realtor claims are foggy. To me it just looks like there's a screen, but it bothers him apparently.

3rd floor up and I'm already feeling it. I dread unloading the car. I was trying to hide how out of breath I got when I came up with the realtor. I think I'll order as much as I can online and then they have to deliver to my door. As for now, I'm off to buy an air mattress so that I have some place to sleep tonight! Oh, and I'll probably pick up a starter log or two. Hopefully I don't burn the place down my first night trying to use a fireplace. He was nice enough to show me about the um... vent thingy in the chimney at least - which is good because I can very well picture me making that little boo-boo.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

We don't have cable either, and people do think we are a little off. Basic channels and Blockbuster.com suit us just fine. And Grey's Anatomy is my fave too, although I've missed it the last couple of weeks.