Monday, November 12, 2007

camping out with no clean clothes in sight

I tried to do some laundry today and discovered that I have a weak washer when it comes to to spinning the water out. So I e-mailed the realtor (bugging him, already?). Here's what I sent:

Hi Merlyn,

When the washing machine was tested, did it run the full cycle? I tried to do some laundry tonight and discovered that apparently I'm not the only weak thing around here. It seems to have trouble spinning the water out of the clothes... I've tried all 3 cycles, but it'll just sit there humming for however long until I give up. I've also taken items out to lighten the load, but anything less and I could probably accomplish more just flushing my clothes around in the toilet (not that I would).

Sorry to be such a pain already (I try not to!). Otherwise I'm really enjoying the campout until I get some things in here.

-Marika

-----------------------------
Otherwise, my bed comes Wednesday. My cats might be delayed due to cold weather, but hopefully I'll definitely have them in time for Thanksgiving. I'm working on getting my own internet service & a phone line (local calls/fax/incoming calls). I've discovered that the pool area does actually have jacuzzi - even if it's closed for the winter. I lit my fireplace for the first time today. Going to the DMV to get a Colorado license tomorrow. Need to call the car insurance person back with my new license # and I dread the quote. Decided to go ahead and get renters insurance since I'm 'really' on my own now. Hey - does that cover cat urine? Thought I'd ask anyway. My tv comes the day before Thanksgiving and I will be horribly deprived by then.

No comments: