Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Home

I am in Thornton, CO. I've spent two nights at some Economy Lodge place and I will check out on Friday which is when I will move into my new place.

I discovered Thornton when I came to check out a place that I'd found on Craigslist. I knew I was home when I was driving around and found a nephrology/dialysis center. I also found a Safeway which is complete with a deli/grill/pizza area. AWESOME. The place where I am staying at turned out to be cheaper than the motel 8's and it's even got a small kitchen complete with cookware.

Today I called and was shown a place. It's a 1 bedroom place, but it has a loft that can be used as a second bedroom (guest room?). I laughed when the realitor showed me one of like 3 storage areas and said I could put the litter box in there (excellent!). The carpets will hopefully be cleaned tomorrow and then I can move in on Friday. I just need to get a statement from my accountant and a cashiers check. I called the accountant and was told that usually the realitor will send them a form of verication but she'd ask to see if they're allowed to generate something. They'll call me back tomorrow. I've heard that there are Washington Mutuals around here, so once the realitor gets back to me, I'll head over and get a cashiers check. I need to get one for that speeding ticket anyway.

The one drawback to this place is that it's on the 3rd floor. So A) good - no more listening to people stomp around! B) I was very embarrassed at how out of breath I was. How the heck will I get furniture up there? Shelly & Patrick are going to looove their visit to see me C) there's a pool! That will come in handy during the summer D) There's also a dryer - WALDO!!! He loves the dryer. E) garbage disposal & dishwasher & fireplace oh my! All of this is for $100 less than I was paying for my small one bedroom in CA.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Sounds like your moving right along. Post some pics of the new digs.