Friday, November 2, 2007

Moving On

I spent two nights in Georgetown with no internet. I could tell the first night that I didn't want to stay permanently. It's VERY cold there and the air (or maybe the altitude?) seemed to dry out my throat even more than usual. I made plans the first night to head out the next morning and check out nearby cities. Then I would come back for another night before leaving that second morning. I stopped to get gas on my way out my first morning there. Bad habit of mine, I sometimes leave the key in the ignition (with it turned off of course) while I pump the gas. Only this time, the car managed to lock itself (I swear I didn't do it!). Great. My purse, cell phone, everything was locked inside. There was a truck parked nearby with a guy smoking inside. I asked if he could help and he came and looked, but said he didn't know how to break into my car. Next I headed inside and told the laughing cashier of my predicament. I was eventually sent over to the only mechanic shop in Georgetown. They in turn called a guy named Jason who came from a nearby town. I waited inside the gas station and by the time I even noticed that Jason had come to my car, he already had the passenger door half open. It was well worth the $50 and I now have a business card from the' lock doc' in my purse. He was a very nice guy about my age from Santa Rose, CA. Of course my earlier debate of 'should I wear makeup or should I not' came flashing to mind and I kinda wished I had actually worn make up :-p

All is good though and today I am in Aurora. I met someone earlier re: a place to rent. It's a 2 bedroom place in the basement of a house. A little busier of a neighborhood than I would prefer, but it'll do and maybe in like 6-12 months I can search for something more quiet once I've settled in. The cats join me on the 16th, so my main concern is to be ready for them.

No comments: