Wednesday, November 14, 2007

moving things along

My babies are coming!!! I am sooo very excited because the weather is just getting COLD and I thought for sure it would be delayed! However, I just received an e-mail stating that the cats have been booked for an afternoon flight on Friday. If all goes well, I’ll get them that evening!! Oh crap, I just remembered - that means I really need to get to the pet store tomorrow. I also need to find their big litter box (self cleaning) which is currently packed… on the bottom… in my car.
Yesterday I went to the DMV where in a total of about 2 hours and 4 lines, I was able to get my Colorado license. Well, paper for now. The actual license will be mailed in 2-3 weeks and I dread it. Krys was complaining that her eyes are closed in her picture. Well, I am the exact opposite. I haven’t seen it yet, but think ‘deer in the headlights’ and you’ll have me. Very wide eyed and nervous looking. Unfortunately I take very bad ID photos (anyone remember my Great America one? And that was AFTER he let me retake it too).
Now I am in the process of figuring out how to register my vehicle. I need the title (which is currently in a box in my car), proof of insurance (currently being transferred to Colorado), VIN # (that’s what’s on the dashboard by the windshield right? The website keeps talking about getting one - can they be reassigned?), and an emissions check (little confused here. Need to talk to someone because there’s been statements that yes I need it and no I don’t because the vehicle is under 4 years old). Of course the crappy internet is limiting my research.
Speaking of internet - for a lovely sum, I will be getting my own service starting on the 19th. I will also be getting a local phone line (although I will keep my cell - long distance). The local line will be a combo for fax (those rare occasions).
My bed came today. No more sleeping on the floor! It’s a tempur-pedic. A little more firm than I’m use to. I have a ton of other items arriving right before Thanksgiving (tv, fax/scanner/printer, etc.). I also ordered a couch. I was debating if I should order one and have it delivered or wait for Shelly & Patrick to come visit, but then I realized today (when I saw a couch that I really liked at the thrift store) that I can’t fit it into my car anyway. So I went ahead and ordered online and let’s just say that with my next move - I won’t be getting rid of all the furniture like I did this time.
Update on the washer machine: Of course as soon as I e-mailed the realtor I got it to work. It gets stuck going through the wash cycle, but it doesn’t seem soapy or anything. Just soggy. So if I push the knob forward (a lot) to the spin cycle… it’ll start spinning eventually. Although I don’t think it can handle big loads. So I told the realtor I didn’t mind babysitting it and he said to let him know when I get tired of ‘helping it along.’ As long as I don’t get blamed for breaking it when I move out, I’m fine with that.

No comments: